Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get inspired by transcendent landscapes like the Grand Canyon, tap into the pulse of iconic cities like New York, or let sultry southern music and food stir your soul; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet USA Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over 100 color maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of New England, New York, the Mid-Atlantic, Florida, the South, Great Lakes, Great Plains, Texas, Rocky Mountains, Southwest, Pacific Northwest, California, Alaska, Hawaii and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet USA, our most comprehensive guide to the USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of the USA? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on specific cities within the USA? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide, San Francisco guide, or Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern Californiaguide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover New York or Discover San Francisco, which are photo-rich guides to these cities' most popular attractions.