American Politics and Society
Now in its eighth edition, this popular introduction tackles the most recent trends in American politics and society through explanation, analyses, and interpretations of government processes – adding valuable context for students by considering these procedures and developments from an international perspective.
- Fully updated to take account of the many recent developments in American politics and society – exploring one of the most turbulent political arenas witnessed in decades
- Features new chapters on environmental politics and the Obama presidency
- Shifts its focus from the gap between public expectations and government performance to the increasingly divisive ideological climate of America’s political system
- Benefits from a student-friendly style and design with numerous illustrations and a range of helpful pedagogical features, including chronologies, biographies, and definition boxes highlighting key concepts and controversial issues
- Offers thought-provoking insights into the social background to contemporary politics in America, while fully embracing the latest developments and considering these from a non-U.S. perspective